ADVERTISEMENT

OT: the Confederate Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC55OU19

Legend
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2005
I believe official displays of the Confederate Flag should end.

Given the recent shooting and my encounter with a young man (obviously white) who prominently displayed the flag (on a pole in the back of his truck) it got me thinking about this subject. The very day after the shooting in SC while driving home from work I got behind this truck and followed it into a shopping center in my hometown (a prominently white neighborhood). I drove up to the kid and politely expressed my displeasure given the recent events. He ignored me and dropped off a package at the Mail Stop/UPS store. I drove away.

I don't usually do something like that. And thought more about it.

I agree with Reihan Salam, blogger at NRO who gives 2 reasons the flag should be banned:
1) to honor the dead of the Union soldiers (white and black) who fought the civil war.
2) the Confederate Flag is increasingly being used as a racist symbol (that's the only reason some young white kid displays it on his truck as he drives his vehicle thorough a white suburban town after a mass shooting in SC)

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/420015/two-thoughts-confederate-battle-flag-reihan-salam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News