ADVERTISEMENT

POTENTIAL DEVASTATING NEWS FOR USC FOOTBALL!

Bugsymalone

Red Shirt
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
For the Trojan Nation, I can only hope what I was told last night is not true. There are so many rumors out there regarding Clay Helton, Urban Meyer and the future of USC Football. Trying to separate fact from fiction, one rumor to another, is a full time job.

And I need to get to my 7AM tee time.

But here we go.

There are conflicting reports that Carol Folt met privately with both Urban Meyer and Wayne Hughes. This has been reported by multiple sources.

NOW THIS IS WHAT MY LATEST SOURCE IS TELLING ME:

The BOT meetings are becoming war-like. Nasty is putting it mildly. There is one particular BOT member (I assume many more) that could give a rats ass about USC football. And most assuredly this particular member will not accept Urban Meyer over her dead body.
From what I can gather, BOT chairman, Rick Caruso is spearheading the campaign to hire Meyer.

Clay Helton is extremely well liked despite his failings as a head ball coach. IF some of these BOT members along with Folt get their way, then I believe the monies spent on remodeling the coliseum will have gone to waste. Everyone has listed numerous shortcomings by coach Helton and understand USC will be mediocre for years to come. And in front of a half empty stadium.

Recruiting is going south and will continue to decline. The Los Angeles sports dollar is being stretched to limits we have never seen before. TWO NFL teams, TWO NBA teams, Dodgers, Kings, etc.
USC Football Nation can only hope the powers that be come to their senses. And I doubt it. The tone coming from their behind closed door meetings is real serious shyte.

I fully expect for USC to lose their next three games and return home to a half empty stadium.

If this is the case, Clay Helton must be removed following the Notre Dame and a replacement must be named as coach in waiting (that will thrill USC fans), thus he can be added to the staff and have the ability to recruit and consider his staff hirings.

If not. I sincerely hope the people that purchased the luxury suites enjoy their view of whatever they will be watching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News