ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quick notes from practice

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
These are just the very quick highlights. I am uploading videos and I have to call a recruit for a quick interview, but I'll have thorough coverage and highlights coming.

But not to make you wait, so quick points ...

-Amon-Ra St. Brown is out this spring. He had surgery for a sports hernia that he played through last season. He talked to us about it and I'll have a full story.
-Kedon Slovis is on a 150-throw limit each day, and that includes warmups. When I asked him when he started feeling 100 percent again, he said a week or two ago, but he says he's not limited at all and really dismissed any concerns whatsoever. He said he actually feels better than last year because he's worked on his mechanics and stuff with his hips to take some pressure off his arm.
-JT Daniels had a second minor procedure on his knee to clean up scar tissue and is not medically cleared yet.
-Talanoa Hufanga (shoulder surgery), Isaac Taylor-Stuart (knee surgery, not ACL), Markese Stepp (still progressing back from the ankle surgery, but did not have a setback, Helton said), Vavae Malepeai (knee) and Andrew Vorhees (still recovery from foot surgery) are not going to participate this spring. Drake London is still with the basketball team and Kenan Christon is off running track.
-Alijah Vera-Tucker took all the first-team reps at left tackle with Justin Dedich at left guard, Brett Neilon at center, Liam Jimmons at right guard and Jason Rodriguez at right tackle. The second team from left to right was Frank Martin, Liam Douglass, Dedich, Damian Lopez and AJ Mageo, for what it's worth.
-The defense operated with all three-down fronts with Drake Jackson (first team) and Juliano Falaniko (second team) playing the B-back position position I wrote about, which is a hybrid DE/OLB (stand up position, offset a good bit from the line. I'll have more alignment details in the full report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News