ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic Candidates if Not Urban

SimiValleyTrojan

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2017
To be clear, I would love to have Urban as our coach; however I am firmly in the camp that doesn't feel SC will be able to get him here, either because they want to avoid any semblance of controversy, or more realistically, they are simply to cheap to pay what it takes to get it done.

That being said, who are REALISTIC candidates you would like to see given an opportunity at SC. It is my understanding that some of the targets have actually signed extensions recently and as such they are no longer realistic gets. Many will point to Franklin as the guy, but I am not sure he is the answer as he has lost several games he shouldn't have lost and never seems to be able to get Penn State over the hump in the B10. Seems like most of the guys that are mentioned are younger more inexperienced guys; do we really want to go down that road again.

I guess my fear is there is no real candidate, outside of Meyer, that really moves the dial in my opinion. Sure anybody would be better than Helton, but no matter who we get, other than Meyer, I just don't see our outlook changing that much. Perhaps we are P12 champs but I don't see us in the playoff picture.. so what do we really accomplish? Very depressing, and I fear many are going to be up in arms when the Urban to SC dream falls apart.

Somebody give me some hope!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News