ADVERTISEMENT

SIMI's RESPONSE Part 2

SimiJer

Alumni
Dec 3, 2009
Now, let’s get into it.

1) SC would smash BAMA in the mouth. SC DID smash BAMA in the mouth. Our D come out and kicked their ass for a quarter and a half. SC had BAMA rattled, if you didn’t see that then you are blind. Through the 1st 22 +/- minutes of the game, we held Bama to about 14 yards of total O, 0 points, sacked the QB a few times, forced them to change QBs etc. We came out and punched Bama in the mouth.

Now, they did not keep it up for 4 quarters, but I lay all the blame for that on a shitty offense that :

1) Kept our D on the field for most of the last 37 minutes of the game (last 2 ½ quarters)

2) Actually put Bama ahead with pick sixes, bad schemes, botched punts, and loss of the field positions battle

SC’s D was one “broken play” “mental mistake” by Biggie from shutting Bama out in the 1st half. Shit, after our offense was so inept and lost the field position battle, BAMA started their 1st scoring drive at our 36! They started with their drive so deep they already had sure points in hand. What did our D do? Stuff them for a loss driving them back to the 40 and then came the one “lucky” play Bama got.

It was luck (from Bama’s perspective) because Biggie thought the receiver was ineligible because he was forced out of bounds. Biggy quit on the play and just like that its 6 for Bama. That was the only thing Bama did in the 1st half v our D. It was luck that was due to a mental mistake.

The great news is that it was a mental mistake and can be corrected. Getting beat in a physical manner is far more of a concern because you can’t fix that, but metal mistakes can be corrected.

So to summarize, SC did come out and smash BAMA in the mouth and could have kept it up for 4 qtrs if not for the fact that the comedy of errors on offense and special teams turned the game into a route. The game was over and SC’s D broke because they lost heart and lost focus. In sports anyone can beat you if you are not focused, but to lose focus v the best team in the nation is disastrous and that is what happened in the 2nd half.

You can charge that up to a shitty offense, offensive coaching, and special teams that consistently does more damage to our outcomes than the opponent we are actually playing. This offense has plagued us for years (more on that in a minute)

I was 100% correct on this and that is because I could rely on myself as the primary source for my opinion. I have seen Clancy’s work WITH MY OWN EYES. PRIMARY DATA

2) Bama’s passing game would suck – It did, they did nothing. We stacked the box, we were manned up and shut down their receivers while playing man. They didn’t beat us, we beat ourselves with assignment blow ups. The passes that connected for scores were passes that any D1 QB SHOULD make and I don’t care how bad you are. They guys were wide open because of mental mistakes.

I’ll say this, It’s time for Hawkins to stay on the bench and only be used in injury emergencies. This guy is a highlight reel for the other teams. He is just not SC starting material.

I said we’d be in man and shut down their passing game and we did that. I again used myself as the primary source and was 100% correct.

PRIMARY DATA

3) That SC would stack the box and play man and shut them down. They did that. See my comments above.

100% correct. PRIMARY DATA

4) That I was sure about Clancy and the D – I have said in the past that despite the concerns going into the season being on the D side (Dline), that the D would be money because of Clancy. It wasn’t till the game got out of hand, that the D broke, I have said this many times on the board “pressure breaks pipes” and the immense pressure put on our D came from our offense and special teams, not from Bama.

This D will be great in the future under Clancy, tough first test, but physically we held up well and smashed them in the mouth. Hell, even Herbstreit said it. During the game he said that SC’s Dfront is matching up physically with BAMA. He was right!

It’s a shame that our O takes us out of games and consistently gives games away with turnovers, penalties, by losing the field position battle, by stupid offensive play calls that result in our D being hung out to dry by being left on the field for ¾ of the games. Our D is and will be money.

100% correct and my opinion was based on my own personal knowledge on watching the work of Clancy and the players on the D from past seasons.

5) that the unknown was O, our Oline and Calloway – Again, I said that SC would only have a 50% shot at victory if our Oline played well. They did not and we got blown out. I nailed the focal matchup of the game and the result if we did not play well on the oline.

IF, he has got the line to improve and if they can play to their ability THEN this is a 50/50 game.

I said that the great unknown in the game was on the Oline and our coaches:

“The real question is the one you mentioned above, its the Unknown! We don't know if Callaway is a good coach. I think we do know that Clancy is the real deal”

I was once again correct in this comment, this is exactly what it came down to and the 100% reason we lost the game in epic fashion. Primary source “myself” based on my observations of football for 50 years.

I was 100% correct.

Go to part 3

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News