ADVERTISEMENT

SIMI's RESPONSE

SimiJer

Alumni
Dec 3, 2009
Back from my fantasy draft, and as I promised, here is my response.

Okay so BAMA kick our asses, that much is clear, what went right, what went wrong? Was Simi wrong in his comments? What was Simi right about, what was Simi wrong about? Lastly, Simi and Balto

There is a concept in golf related to swing changes or trying to get better. When you are working on improving your swing sometimes even though the current results are horrific, you might be close to the results you’re looking for. It might just be 1 small thing that could produce massive improvement; you are not as far off as the visual result might indicate.

Why do I bring that up? Because if you watched that game with a critical eye, I think the D is on the verge of being great again. I think our future on D is great in the near future, and for years to come.

There is another saying from Freud that also applies “sometimes a cigar is just a cigar” This saying fits our offense perfectly. Our offense continues to be an offense to our senses. Simply put our offense sucks and will continue to suck as long as Tee Martin and Helton continue with this finesse “pass first” “shotgun” “bastardized” spread offense.

I’ll get into all of this in a moment, but now let’s address what most of you ravenous dogs want to hear, Simi’s thoughts on Simi’s predictions. So here it goes:

I was right on the money, I get the feeling that most of you think I said SC was going to win, that is not what I said. What I said repeatedly was that SC was capable on D of smashing BAMA in the mouth, they did that. What I said (as a game prediction) was that If, “IF” SC’s Oline could block BAMA’s D front then, THEN this the game would be a 50/50 proposition. I clearly said that the key to the game was our Oline, that they had to play well for us to have any chance. Please read the threads below, they are but a sample of many of my posts on the game.

Murf Baldwin & Turning the tide podcast

Exactly right, its the mistake EVERYONE but a few are making. They are projecting a Sark/Kiffin coached team to take the field v Bama. This coaching staff is worlds apart from the non-fundamentally sound teams of Sark and Kif. The talent has always been there. The real question is the one you mentioned above, its the Unkown! We don't know if Callaway is a good coach. I think we do know that Clancy is the real deal, but since we have not seen a Callaway lead Oline we can't say for sure although I suspect he is a much better coach than the other recent Oline coaches. IF, he has got the line to improve and if they can play to their ability THEN this is a 50/50 game. IF that happens THEN BOTH teams will be well coached teams with Elite talent. I give a the HC edge to Saban, overall staff might be close HOWEVER I give a clear edge to SC in schemes. Add it all up and its a 50/50 outcome IF our Oline plays well.

Another thought, IF we come out and run the ball for the 1st time with 2 minutes left in the 1st half like we did v Stanford and Wisconsin THEN we will get out asses kicked! Can't talk about it, have to be about it when it comes to a physical team.

81 SimiJer, Thursday at 10:04 AM

Sept 1st 2016

Adam: Something that no one is talking about

Adam Maya said:

I believe even a slither of mystery works in USC's favor -- the element of surprise. The offense shouldn't have issues executing the offense given all the experience and continuity. Tee Martin noted last week how one of Browne's advantages over Darnold was that because he'd spent so much time in the old system he understood exactly what was being changed and why. I've noted more than once that playing Alabama to begin the season with new coordinators and without concrete tape is a good thing for USC, though Murf Baldwin and others tend to disagree. While USC essentially knows who Alabama is -- the Crimson Tide's identity is a known quantity -- the Trojans can be whoever they want.

SC IS NOT the same team from last year, not even close. Now is it enough to beat BAMA? not sure, I give us a 50/50 chance, but I do think that the changes SC has made makes the unknown definitely work in our favor.

25 SimiJer, Tuesday at 8:28 PM

I said it was a 50/50 proposition on the outcome at best! Said it several times over several posts!

“. Add it all up and its a 50/50 outcome IF our Oline plays well”

“IF” SC’s Oline could block BAMA’s D front then, “THEN” this the game would be a 50/50 proposition.”

Over many posts my position was clearly stated :

1. That SC’s could D would smash BAMA in the mouth

2. That BAMAs passing game and QBs sucked

3. That SC would play man on man and stack the box and stop the run

4. That I was sure about Clancy and our D

5. That the unknown was our O, our Oline and Calloway

If people are honest (Balto and others), they will remember that I also have said in the past that when it comes to our offense “Clay and Tee Martin scare the living shit out of Me” That is a past direct quote of mine.

So, let’s get back to the claims/predictions I made, but before I do, I want to clarify 1 other point that is ****ing HUGE!

I want to distinguish the 2 different sources of information at my disposal from which I based my opinions.

The first is my own eyes, my personal knowledge where I can trust 100% in my own abilities to interpret data. The second is data that is being feed to me, and all others, via the sets of eyes of others. Its only as good as their ability to process data. Its primary data (myself) and secondary data (writers and others who give us their opinions)

GO TO part 2

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News