ADVERTISEMENT

Football Some buzz on Urban Meyer

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
As you can probably tell by now, I'm very careful not to put too much weight on things I don't get directly from the primary source (the main subject), or something that goes through a couple levels of communication as it can get diluted.

So take this for what it is -- not a report, I'm not putting it on the homepage or tweeting it out, just passing along something on the board that I was told and trust.

I noted last night in response to a question that we haven't heard significant reports of Meyer's thinking on USC -- it's all been conjecture or reports on USC's thinking on Meyer. Well, I was relayed a conversation that involved someone who would indeed have a line to Meyer's thought process. That person noted that Meyer and Luke Fickell are still very close and that Meyer told Fickell he would take the USC job if offered. That, of course, got relayed to Mike Bohn (Fickell's AD at Cincinnati), per the intel I was given. (Again, I was not part of this conversation with the prominent person who has ties to Meyer -- it was relayed to me by a third party I trust.)

Again, just something I was told by someone credible who was privy to this conversation with a person that definitely knows Meyer well. Is that confusing enough? I acknowledged up top that involving that many layers to information makes it tough to put much weight into, so take it for what it's worth.

I still feel it's 50-50 he ends up here, but it's all guesswork at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News