ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday with Helton (9/4)

Adam Maya

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi guys, here is the full audio to our teleconference with Coach Clay Helton from tonight.

Key Quote:
“We’re going to be back in that type of game and every learning lesson we can take away from it, I think is invaluable. I wouldn’t change it for the world, having the opportunity to play Alabama on that stage because those are the stages we want to be in. Was it too big? I saw a lot of kids that handled it well and I saw a lot of kids that learned from it and gained valuable experience. Every failure is going to help you build for the future in my opinion and learn from it, so it was a valuable experience for us. It was not the outcome that we wanted but we gained some knowledge and hopefully the experience will help us for the next time.”​

News:
  • The university has determined "as of now" that LBs Osa Masina and Don Hill, both of whom are under investigation for sexual assault, are allowed to attend classes, participate in classes and team meetings. Helton did not say if either would be allowed to play Saturday.
  • LB Jabari Ruffin, who was ejected for stomping on an Alabama player, is being suspended for the first half of this Saturday’s Utah State game. He also going to write an apology letter.
  • DT Rasheem Green suffered a sprained elbow but is thought to be OK.
  • DT Noah Jefferson suffered a first grade AC shoulder sprain. USC is hopeful he will be able to play Saturday.
  • CB Adoree’ Jackson was pulled from the game for tightness in his hamstring. Helton said he will be monitored this week but is thought to be OK.
  • S Leon McQuay suffered a bicep contusion.
  • OT Chuma Edoga suffered a bruised thigh and needed three liters of IV fluid during the game.
  • C Toa Lobendahn experienced some knee inflammation coming out of the game. He also played through a small ankle injury from the second series on.
  • LT Chad Wheeler has some soreness in his foot. Helton is hopeful he will be able to practice Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News