ADVERTISEMENT

The FBI Investigation into "Shoe-Gate"

cj

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2003
I did not want to hijack one of the existing threads on this, but I do have a question.

For the last decade or so, I've watched the selected enforcement of "laws" take place at the Federal, State and local level. Picking and choosing which laws to enforce and which to turn a blind eye towards.

My question is this...With all the crap that's going on in the world and the U.S. today, is this the kind of crime that we want our FBI to engage in and use their resources and time to investigate?

I read that the NCAA was "surprised" at this announcement. I've heard that college basketball is the dirtiest sport and has been for as long as anyone can remember.

I really don't know the answer, which is why I'm posting...but my initial thoughts are that at the end of the day, this won't go away, it will just take another shape. And, I believe I would rather have the FBI focused on bigger issues than a shoe company trying to influence the college choice of a 12th grader that is probably only going to spend one year in college anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News