ADVERTISEMENT

The SC Recruiting Picture

nogales

Alumni
Jul 22, 2005
There are a lot of posts appearing wondering, speculating, worrying and just generally commenting on all of the OOS offers going out viz a viz local talent.

I wont' comment on individual offers but I will make a general statement of my over view. Firstly, our need in the trenches, particularly on defense, and the where the top talent is right now, make OOS offers a must. But my real point is this: I have been a observer and participant in SC recruiting over many years, and in my opinion, SC is doing it's best job when it can attract many of the top kids in the country to camp, visit unofficially and officially.

Right now, the staff is doing a sensational job of getting #1's or arguably #1's and top fives to come out to Camp and/or visits. You aren't going to get all to commit or even quite a few, but if you get 10% you are in great shape. It is a fact that the bigger pool you manage to build of these kids, the higher chance you have of snaring a few.

The ancillary benefit to all this is that all recruits notice. This year's, next year's, etc. So many top kids wanting to take a look at SC is not lost on future recruits, much less this years kids. All this stuff about SC recruits itself is nonsense. Certainly, you have a big leg up when you recruit for SC, but SC does NOT, just because it is SC, get these top kids from Texas, Tenn., Utah, N.J. and points South and East, to visit. Someone has to be on the ground recruiting them and telling them WHY they must visit SC and take the Trojans into serious consideration. Sure, even Reggie helps, but boots on the ground is the real answer. And, IMO, one can't minimize the job the staff is doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News