ADVERTISEMENT

TrojanSports.com is excited to bring Max Browne on board for the 2019 season

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
As we covered in the last big announcement thread, I was as stunned as everybody here to learn a couple weeks ago that Adam Maya would be leaving the site. As noted, I certainly understand the allure of his new opportunity, wish him the best of luck in his venture and we part on great terms. He has access to the board here if he feels inclined to partake in any discussions, and I'll see if he wants to get on any podcasts this season.

But the timing of that news did create a bit of a scramble to figure out what to do staff-wise with the season right around the corner. I initially reached out to a couple proven college football reporters I know would bring great value, but the timing proved too much of an obstacle for them to relocate and join a new beat just days before the season. I also respect that one area of value Adam delivered was his connection and history with USC and the program, and I had some hesitancy to go out of market even though I'm confident you guys would have really taken quickly to the reporters I had in mind. I didn't see an immediate solution within the local market -- that's not to say there isn't one and I will continue to evaluate that closely through this season -- but I mostly didn't want to rush into anything out of convenience or panic and it not be the best move long-term.

So that required thinking outside the box a little bit. I give credit to TGH for planting the idea in my head about linking up with former USC QB and emerging analyst Max Browne, and as I reached out and started talking about possible ideas with him I got more and more excited about what that could do for this site. In part, because he was so excited by it as well. It wasn't a tough sell. The key was finding an arrangement that worked with his busy schedule but also delivered significant value to you all.

As Max announced last week, he'll be part of the pre and post-game shows on the USC radio broadcasts and will be very tied into the program again this fall. And then he'll be here on the site three times a week for a Tuesday podcast with me breaking down the previous game and developing storylines, an hour-long chat on the board on Thursdays where you guys can ask him anything you want and get further analysis from him and then a Friday podcast looking ahead to the next game.

From my conversations with Max over the last week, I am excited about the rapport we're going to have on these podcasts and the depth of insight he'll be able to provide. I also really think the weekly chat will be popular and provide a great forum for you all to be involved directly in the discussion. Finding an engaging podcast partner and bringing in high-level analysis were two of the main boxes I was looking to check, and Max does that in a major way. He has some national college football analysis work lined up for the fall as well, but in regards to the USC sites he will be exclusive to TrojanSports.com.

I'll also be looking to add another writing contributor this season to join myself and Tajwar as we bring you the full depth of coverage you desire.

What became an unexpectedly stressful couple weeks ultimately led to something really intriguing that I hope excites you as much as it does me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News