ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tuesday practice notes and video interviews ...

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
From Jeff and Tajwar ...

-OL Caadyn Stephen was carted off with injury (he's third-string at best so this is not going to impact anything)
-Courtland Ford was limited by injury, so they moved Andrew Vorhees to left tackle with Justin Dedich working at left guard. Jalen McKenzie also got a little work at right tackle with Jonah Monheim moving inside to guard. But there wasn't a lot of team period work overall.
-McGuire said Ford is OK: "Yeah, he's fine. Everything's precautionary. He'll be good to go."
-Drake Jackson was dressed out but limited after leaving the Coliseum in a boot Saturday night. So that's encouraging. "He's a guy that's dealt with something like this similar, so I expect him to be full go."
-Donte Williams reiterated that Michael Trigg avoided a major injury and is optimistic for a potential quick return. "We're making sure he handles some other things, like academically and stuff like that, while he can. But the update is no surgery, so it's a pain tolerance, which is a good thing we've got a bye week, so that extra week should be able to get him back on the field."
-Donte Williams was asked about Bru McCoy and Kenan Christon: "That's something right now that's being handled by different people, so no updates right now."
-And Jaxson Dart continues to get work in the non-team periods and talked to reporters after practice. "Every day pretty much he gets sped up a little bit, but at the same time we don't need to rush him too much right now because this is a bye week. If this was the week of Notre Dame, then I'm sure he'd probably be a lot more full-go. I definitely got a chance to see him throw some skelly, he threw indy and a couple other things like that, so just working him in there and making sure he's fully ready to go."
-Donte emphasized the focus is on techniques and fundamentals this week -- things they haven't really focused on since camp due to preparing for opponents.
-Video interviews uploading.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News