ADVERTISEMENT

USC visit goes well for Sewell

Chris Swanson

War Daddy
Jun 20, 2013
I just caught up with Penei Sewell's father, Gabe Sewell, Sr. The Sewells are currently on the 15 freeway heading back home after this weekend's official visit to USC. The Rivals100 OT from St. George, UT is asleep so I'm scheduled to speak to him tomorrow. To hold you all over, I spoke to his father briefly about the official visit.

-- On how he thought the visit went for his son.

"It went very well I thought. From my point of view it went really well."

-- On how the USC visit happened after it seemed like the Trojans were out of it

"When we spoke a couple week ago, it really wasn't in the books. But one of the scouts, I'm not sure who on staff started talking to my son about it and in the thirteenth hour, he mentioned it to me. It's his decision, we're going to do it the way he wants to do it but in the end, that's what he wanted to do. That's why we were down there this weekend."

--If USC is now one of his son's top schools

"I'm sure, definitely they're definitely in consideration. We still have to sit down and talk about it in the midst of all we have going on with his surgery (torn labrum) and everything this week. Hopefully we'll have some good discussions this week while we have some down time for thanksgiving and put everything in perspective and see where everything falls."

--On who hosted his son on the USC visit

"There was a bunch of them, Marlon Tuipulotu was with him, Jay Tufele, Tayler Katoa, Juliano Falaniko, Brandon Pili. He spent some time with quite a few of the poly boys that are on the team."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News