ADVERTISEMENT

What Woudlve Happened Had USC Never Been Sanctioned So Heavily....

scgabe

War Daddy
Nov 10, 2002
what are the real damages from the years of heavy sanctions? I was thinking about where our program would be had the ncaa not handed down such devastating penalties never seen before since SMU. Would Pete have stayed at USC instead of leaving for Seattle? He had rebuffed the NFL before. Had he stayed, could he have regained his mojo and recovered from that Emerald Bowl season? He had declined a bit and college football was changing into the spread offense era. His son was a mistake as a recruiting coordinator, but Pete was Pete and would likely have meant some top recruits coming here that didn't come when he left, if we had lost only 3-4 scholarships per year, the downturn would not have been as drastic and Pete likely would've secured some top defensive talent . Maybe DAT comes here instead of Oregon ? I know for sure ucla would not have climbed the ladder like to did Mora or no Mora. I also can't imagine how much money USC lost over this period in revenue and donations . Pete was a rock star and a draw. Even if Pete had left, would we have hired kiffin anyways ? It's possible USC would've rebounded and stayed a major player in the BCS era and possibly would've been the primary challenge to Alabama's dominant run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News