ADVERTISEMENT

Who Are The Real Turkeys?

nogales

Alumni
Jul 22, 2005
I'm reading all of these Chip Kelley Posts and threads and it is an experience to see all of the haters going absolutely bananas, over the potential hiring of Chip, by Ucla.

It is the apocalypse of local college football! It is dooms day! SC is getting nuked! SC will be the modern day Hiroshima and Nagasaki, rolled into one! SC has self-immolated!

Kelley will commandeer all the top local talent. "Kelly has strong ties in Texas!" Kelley walks on water, if not on the backs of his players.

So what do we do? First of all, Kelley has no legal ties to Texas recruiting. He paid for what he got out of Texas and that is gone with the wind. Secondly, Ucla has always gotten top players. They have them now and they will have them next year. He may get a few more, but don't think Mora didn't bring in talent.

If he does go to the Bruins, like always, it will come down to W/L's. I think Chip will make things interesting, and certainly bring some initial pub to the Pac-10, but this idiotic nonsense about the demise of SC football, a week before we play in the Pac-10 Championship game, and what appears will be another great recruiting class for 2018, reminds me of Mark Twain's remark on reading of his demise in a newspaper, "I think the report of my death has been highly exaggerated."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News