ADVERTISEMENT

Why The Assumption We Win CCG

SimiValleyTrojan

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2017
So I am a bit baffled by the assumption we win the Championship game and move onto the Fiesta Bowl. We are either playing WAZZU or Stanford in the championship game and either of those two teams can beat us given how our defense has played and the inconsistent offense of the past several weeks.

Stanford will be able to move the ball on us on the ground if Love is healthy and doing his thing. Although we handled them earlier this year, we are not playing anywhere near the level we showed in that game against Stanford earlier this year. We will have to load the box and force the QB to beat us, which he shouldn't be able to do, however given our "scheme" and lack of any real playmaking DB's, we seem to make every QB look like a high round draft pick. So this game could go sideways on us if our offense has any long spells where Tee and Little Helton show little creative or a cohesive game plan on how to attack the Stanford D.

Wazzu... one word Air Raid. Falk could have a huge day against our pass defense. We seemed to handle him in the game earlier this year. But as I have mentioned before, our pass defense is Terrible. We aren't even average in this aspect. We are just plain bad, and the Pirate and Falk are probably licking their chops at the opportunity to let it fly. We did a decent job in the first game against them, but I think our DB play has regressed since that game and we will be extremely challenged against Wazzu.

That being said I believe SC can beat either team, but it is going to take a clean game from the offense and defense and we are going to need to make special team plays in order to insure we win the field position game.

Neither is a cake walk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News