ADVERTISEMENT

You can't have it both ways!

SimiJer

Alumni
Dec 3, 2009
As I got up this morning I read a thread about how SC is not doing a good job of developing players for the NFL and that it was reflected in the lack of SC players getting drafted.

To this I say YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS! This is a direct reflection of our past coaches and their gimmicky schemes that moved further and further away from our past of fundamental football.

The past 2 staffs wanted small but fast defensive players to play their schemes. We moved safeties down to play LB and we recruited smaller players. On offense we went away from the fundamental of running the football and featured our "soft" passing offenses. Now some want Martel or Tua saying that we only care about them being good "college" players.

Well the NFL draft is the day to pay the piper, if you want SC to run the kind of gimmicky offenses & defenses we saw under Kif and Sark, then this what you get. Many of you want a running QB to operate out of the spread. Well you just saw the Pete Carroll article about how this "soft" system is not producing NFL worthy lineman. If we continue to go with this soft and not fundamentally sound approach we won't have any QBs or O lineman drafted in the future. This--in addition to the past approach of undersized players--will get you what we saw at the draft yesterday...............oh and it also comes with 6 losses and our annual ass kickings via Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and Notre Dame every year.

This is why I have been screaming from the mountain top since Pete left that we need to get back to NFL style "big boy" fundamentally sound football. I believe Clancy will deliver but I"m not sure that our O will. I expect to see players developed and drafted on Clancy's side of the ball. I have a bad feeling about Helton and our O though, hope I wrong but I can see through the knot in the board and I'm not sure I like what I see from Helton and staff outside of the O line coach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News