ADVERTISEMENT

Booty, Sanchez, Barkley, and Kessler

trojanswinagain

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 15, 2008
Booty-Above average QB that benefited with the great PC teams.

Sanchez-Most felt we win a few Natty's if he started instead of Booty. The only one to be a starter in the NFL.

Barkley-Loved the guy but many felt he couldn't win the big ones as well. We thought he would be awesome after
the Ohio St. Game. He did carry us through the sanctions.

Kessler-Good guy but many feel he is not an SC caliber type of QB.

With the exception of Sanchez who could get out of the pocket, the other guys could not even roll out to avoid pressure or give receiver time to get open. Listen, I'm not
trying to say I know it all but man, it's not too hard to defend a QB like the ones we had. I know the offensive plays have been horrendous but Cody can't make those tight throws. The ball takes forever to get to the WR on quick throws. I really hope Browne can make those throws. I'm assuming he can't roll out of the pocket.

Look, I'm not comparing SC with Bama since their OL has been great. I'm just talking about the past QB's they have had. Only McCarron is starting right now since Dalton is hurt. He looks ok but needs time. Bama has had McElroy, McCarron, Sims, and Coker now.

The difference with those guys is they got out of the pocket. Sims last year was not a good QB. He was able to get out of the pressure and find Cooper last year most of the time. When we needed 20 yds today to get to FG range, the Wisky secondary was playing off and ready. Cody was not going to elude pressure and give Juju, Rodgers, or Mitchell time to get open. I have seen Coker roll out many times this year and find open WR's.

The times have changed. We need QB's who can at least be faster than Dlinemen and some LB's. We have not have that and even if we have 5 star offensive linemen, our QB's need to get the ball to our playmakers. It's pretty easy for a good defense like Wisky to play against our QB. They just simply do not respect the pass.

I feel bad for our WR's who have to do everything to get open. An example of that was Juju on that drop pass at the end. It's just frustrating to see this for the past few years. I will continue to root for SC like no other. It doesn't matter who the HC is. We just need QB's with a little bit of wheels. That's all I ask.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News