ADVERTISEMENT

Handicapping USC's chances with Aubrey Solomon....

Chris Swanson

War Daddy
Jun 20, 2013
USC recently picked up commitments from two elite defensive tackles in Brandon Pili and Marlon Tuipulotu, establishing the Trojans' 2017 defensive line class as one of the best in the country. TrojanSports.com is also confident that Rivals100 DT Jay Tufele will commit to USC when the time comes for him to make his announcement.

But that doesn’t mean USC is finished with recruiting elite talent at the defensive tackle position. Multiple sources have told us that USC visited five-star Aubrey Solomon Monday night on an in-home visit. Solomon was also on USC’s campus earlier this month for an official visit.

Since Solomon is ranked as the second best defensive tackle ini the entire class by Rivals.com all of that is a very big deal.

And prior to this week, we reported that the Trojans are already one of Solomon's final two schools. Publicly Solomon is considering Alabama, Georgia, Michigan and USC.

After developments on Monday, our belief that USC is in Solomon's top two is strengthened.

From what we've heard, not every school is having an easy time staying in contact with the family and setting up these visits. USC is having no issue. And after last night's visit, we believe USC did nothing but strengthen it's chances with Solomon and give him something even more to consider. We also heard Solomon enjoyed his trip to see USC.

In fact those around USC seem to like their chances with Solomon, with Eillisville, MS JC DT Javon Kinlaw, and maybe with some others.

"Not even close to being done," a source told TrojanSports.com.

That could mean USC gets Solomon, that could mean USC gets Kinlaw or maybe USC even gets another surprise.

In all reality any of the prospects mentioned here would be a surprise. Kinlaw is a junior college prospect who originally committed to South Carolina out of high school and could end up committing there again. And the Trojans have never been mentioned as the favorite for Aubrey Solomon.

But Solomon definitely seems to be attainable. It's just that there's one big obstacle in USC's way. Michigan. The Wolverines are the team to beat, we've been told by multiple sources. It seems everyone believes Michigan is number one.

But we can confirm that everyone around USC feels the Trojans are a comfortable number two on Solomon's list of four. And all signs point to the Trojans still being considered here. Right now I would give USC a high 30-something percent chance of signing Solomon and it's trending upward. Michigan is somewhere around the high 40s in my mind and the rest I'll put to other.

But I would legitimately be surprised if Alabama or Georgia signed Solomon. On the other hand, I would not be surprised if the Trojans added him.

Again, USC has a high 30-percent chance in my mind and trending upwards. Michigan is the favorite with a high 40-something percent chance. I'll throw the rest into other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News