ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Here's what USC staff told WR commit Puka Nacua about the OC hire ...

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
WR commit Puka Nacua had his in-home visit on Thursday night with John Baxter, Johnny Nansen, recruiting director Eric Ziskin and offensive analyst Lenny Vandermade.

He said he didn't ask them specifically about Kliff Kingsbury because he had just started to see some of the reports at that time, but he did ask about the OC hire in general.

"They were like, 'USC's USC.' And that's definitely something I knew -- they weren't going to, even as a position coach, they're not going to bring in some nobody," Nacua said. "So I know it's going to be someone good. But they said, 'We'll all know in about a week, and once we know we'll let you know.'"

Now, they could have just been buying time by saying a week, or they could have had a sense that this thing with Kingsbury was going to take time. Read into it what you will.

The other interesting note from my conversation with Nacua is Keary Colbert told him that he "interviewed" with Clay Helton for the WRs coach job. Moving him to that position (and bringing in an experienced TEs coach) certainly makes sense, but it hasn't yet been decided -- at least not as of Thursday.

Full story:

https://usc.rivals.com/news/what-usc-coaches-told-wr-commit-puka-nacua-about-oc-plans

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News