ADVERTISEMENT

How much different can UCLA be in 2018?

TrojanWarrior82

Grey Shirt
Sep 21, 2016
I am not trying to make claims that Chip Kelly hire is not going to span out as everyone in Westwood is expecting etc. But looking at Chip Kelly's last run in CFB and the type of defense he used to run, I am not convinced how much different UCLA will be compared to this year. This year UCLA's offense is a top 25 offense and had their Defense been decent they would have been a ranked team with 2-3 losses. So, again my question is how much better can UCLA be with the Chip Kelly fast tempo offense (though the rules have changed regarding substitution to not make it 6 second tempo like 2012)? His success will ride on what kind of defensive staff he hires and how much successful will his defense be. Because Fisch did an amazing job with the offense this year compared to how abysmal they were under Kennedy Pola.

I hope USC administration is taking some lessons from the Westwood in making big ball decision and help Helton out in getting more support staff at the very least. And Helton wakes up from his slumber regarding his assistant staff and make some much wanted changes to clean up the staff and get it to the elite level.

Reactions: Eight three
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News