ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Is Rivals250 ATH Jake Smith now a USC lean?

Chris Swanson

War Daddy
Jun 20, 2013
I spoke to a couple sources about the recruitment of Rivals250 ATH Jake Smith.

In case any of you are unaware, Smith is a product of Notre Dame Prep in Scottsdale, Ariz. He’s being recruited to USC to play receiver and the coaches are also scheming other special packages to include even more in the offense. There’s also hope he becomes a punt returning weapon if he commits to USC.

Smith is down to USC and Texas and recently took an official visit to see USC on May 18. I spoke to two different sources after that trip about where his recruitment is trending. Before visiting USC, many felt Smith was leaning towards the Texas Longhorns. There seems to be more confidence in USC’s chances now.

One source close to the situation acknowledged Texas was the assumed leader for Smith entering the USC visit. He now believes this USC official visit was enough to tip the scales in favor of the Trojans.

“I think it changed his mind,” the source said of the visit. “I think he’ll pick (USC).”

Another source close to the situation isn’t as confident Smith will sign with the Trojans. But he acknowledges the USC official visit seemed to change the landscape of Smith’s recruitment.

“I think Texas definitely led going into the weekend but (USC) made it interesting,” the second source said.

Smith plans to take an official visit to Texas on June 1 and make a commitment shortly afterwards.

Here's our interview with Jake Smith following his trip to USC: https://usc.rivals.com/news/rivals250-ath-smith-is-delighted-by-his-usc-visit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News