ADVERTISEMENT

NOTE: On Nathaniel Wiggins...

Chad Simmons

Recruit
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2017
This is what I have gathered over the weekend.

Four-star ATH Nathaniel Wiggins will announce his commitment August 28, his birthday, and although he still says he has anywhere from 5-10 schools in the mix, based on what I am hearing from sources, it is really down to three, maybe four schools.

What I was told by more than one source was Wiggins REALLY does like the idea of playing on the west coast. Oregon and USC are high on HIS personal list for sure, but he has many in his ear. Those closest to him like the schools closer to Atlanta much more so they can see him play at least half of the games.

I am hearing USC is likely 4th right now on the list when taking everything into consideration.

Oregon is the school Wiggins REALLY likes, and has really connected with the staff I am told. That said, it is across the country, so that does hurt the Ducks.

Florida and LSU are the two others I am hearing a lot about that are much closer to home than Oregon and USC. The Gators are in this, but I am hearing LSU is the team to beat six weeks out from the decision.

Corey Raymond is involved, the LSU history at DB helps big-time, and the Tigers look to be the school others are chasing TODAY.

We will see if anything changes in the coming weeks, but for now, based on multiple sources and putting things together from those, I list the schools like this:

1. LSU
2. Oregon
3. Florida
4. USC

Alabama, Clemson and Georgia appear to have decided to go other directions right or wrong. I do not think Wiggins is recognized like he should be as a top recruit personally. He is very lean, so he will need to add muscle and strength for sure, but he is a long, rangy athlete with speed and explosiveness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News