ADVERTISEMENT

Football Notes from USC practice Monday (the make-up for the postponement two weeks ago)

Ryan Young

Jun 27, 2018
USC snuck in its 12th practice this afternoon, making up for the one that was postponed two Thursdays ago. They allowed media to watch the entire practice, but no video or photo. No mention of any players injured or in yellow jerseys and no mention of alignment/depth chart stuff. So pretty much just general highlights as they practiced in shells (shoulder pads only).

I regrettably saw the email notice too late to get out there (inducing a personal panic), but our good friend Antonio Morales from The Athletic passed along everything notable.

-General takeaway being how it's a much more efficient practice structure than from the Helton era -- not as many players standing around.
-Jack Sullivan had two sacks during the two-minute drill period at the end and Christian Roland-Wallace had an interception. USC passed along the caveat from Riley that certain drills were designed to give specific looks to the offense or defense, so take that as you will.
-Malachi Nelson had the longest pass play with shot to Dorian Singer, who made one of those Dorian Singer catches. (He's going to be very fun this year -- different from Jordan Addison, but very fun).
-I've been told by two different people that Ceyair Wright really does look like he's come a long way, backing up the praise Riley has given him this spring.
-Brenden Rice had one of the more impressive catches during 7-on7 and Michael Jackson III had several catches throughout the day while continue to make his case for a role in this offense.

In talking to a couple people, I'm told that's really about it given that they were in shells and we can't talk about position alignments.

Reactions: JimmyTrojan'14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News