ADVERTISEMENT

On a slow weekend prediction of ASU and UCLA games by USC "Homer"

roby3867

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 20, 2011
Pasadena, Calif
The way ASU, UCLA beat us last year, by donating our secondary, and LB's especially the edges will not happen this season.

QB extending plays that broke down by scrambling, or improvising with passes to RB and Strong (as ASU did all night) will not occur often either

I see many more 3 and outs from this squad, QB sacks, TFL. Those position groups minus LW are much better.

Our man coverage will be head and shoulders better than last season, allowing for more aggressive options for pressure on the QB's, the edges will finally be secure, and running between the tackles I believe will be non existent especially with the support of the LB position group which is clearly superior over last season.

We will not be a slave to the risk of the deep ball, because I don't think QB's will have sufficient time and coverage by our CB and S will make that option virtually impossible if AJ, Biggie, Plat, LM11 Hawk and others play to their potential in coverage, and Ruffin, Sua, Hill, Sarao, Powell and others also have improved as rush and edge protectors, which you know they have.

If ASU best defensive lineman is Smallwood, Cody should have a Heisman day, and Tre, Justin, RJ11 and others will also. UCLA Vanderdoes and Clark with hardly no backups on the Dline, Jack as the only stud, and Kendrick production gone leaves IMO them with a pedestrian defense, which we will be able to exploit. Without Hundley their offense will suffer tremendously.

IMO these predictions are not too far fetched, and" homerish" although I am a staunch homer.

Reactions: SCpete and Harpie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News