ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Hits - Day 12

Adam Maya

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
News updates from Saturday's practice...

USC had about a 70-play scrimmage and came out it pretty healthy. TB Aca'Cedric Ware suffered an AC sprain that isn't expected to be serious. OT Chuma Edoga had his toe stepped on but returned.

OG Viane Talamaivao (ankle, elbow) increased his workload. S Marvell Tell (hamstring) and TE Tyler Petite were limited to individuals.

TE Daniel Imatorbhebhe (hip), OL Alijah Vera-Tucker (hamstring), WR Keyshawn Young (hamstring), TE Josh Falo (knee) and DB Greg Johnson (shoulder) remained out.

Toa Lobendahn and Nico Falah continued to split the first-team reps at center, with Lobendahn getting a bit more work at left tackle when he's not in the middle. Steven Mitchell and Michael Pittman took the majority of first-team reps at receiver, along with Deontay Burnett, while Tyler Vaughns and Jalen Greene were predominantly with the twos. It's been the opposite for the entire camp, and I don't think there's been a change. Looked more like the staff wanted to give some guys a look with Sam Darnold and the first team to see how the offense functioned.

The defense decisively won the day, as the first-team offense struggled to run the ball and move through the air, especially the first team.

Coach Clay Helton said Uchenna Nwosu, Porter Gustin and CB Biggie Marshall, who Helton said had his best day of camp. Helton was also pleased with TBs Stephen Carr and Vavae Malepeai.

The play of the scrimmage came from Ajene Harris, who hauled in a one-handed interception off Darnold. Harris was closely defending Burnett and leaped high while falling backwards into the end zone.

Players and assistant coaches were not made available to the media today. USC will take Sunday off and then practice six consecutive days to conclude training camp.

I'll have more details from the scrimmage in Footnotes.

here I pasted the post from the link above.

Exactly. He has other issues. Ajene will never be a starting CB at USC in my opinion. He is a great athlete but not naturally gifted as a corner. Very inconsistent.

upperwestsidetrojan reply:
Just the opposite. He is probably a 4.65 40 guy so he is not a great athlete. And he is not that tall or strong either. But he is actually very talented. Great instincts, hard working, knows the playbook back and forth etc. I really like him. He will be a good player for us this year.

SC RELOADING.

Just hope CH isn't playing older players due to loyalty and not playing best players like we saw with Max/Sam.

The Center should be obvious based on last years excellent year.

Recruits should be loving USC.

One game at a time and don't get overconfident.

The first 4 games are critical for OL and WR's to GEL/get game reps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT