ADVERTISEMENT

USC OL talent

Jun 11, 2007
I tried to reply to another thread with this, but the formatting was problem. I still had problems but hopefully everyone gets the idea.

Guunm, I made a few corrections. Voorhees was a 4 star(not a 3 star) who coaches loved for his potential. Edoga was originally rated as a 5 star with offers form everyone, but when some teams started recruiting him as a guard they made him a 3 star as rivals drew not really believe guards can be 5 stars. And they felt he projected as a guard. You had Hemsley as 3 star but he was 4 star. He and chris brown were two players who were a little raw, but supposedly had great athleticism who the coaches really wanted. Brown seems to panning out somewhat and may have a shot at the pros next year, but hemsley has not done much. I also put the scout rating down as well. But is a little confusing as they combined with 247 a few years ago.

I also offered my opinion below as to what usc coaches thought of each player based on the way they recruited them and what national coaches thought of each each player based on the way they offered or recruited them. Remember that unless a west coast player is a superstar 5 player or at least a high 4 star type with huge potential the east coach powerhouses will not offer them or recruit them very hard. But there are so many more powerhouses on on the east coach and Midwest so a player of the same caliber from the east coast or Midwest will get more powerhouse offers than a west coast player of the same caliber. So if guys like Vera tucker. vorhees, nathan smith, brown etc. came from the east coast or midwest they probably would have had some more top east coast/midwest offers. And since usc is really the only powerhouse school on the west coast, players who are solid 4 stars in usc's eyes may not have very many powerful offers besides usc. But I still have a hunch that east coach/midwest power schools would have still rated many of our players pretty highly. They just did not recruit them because they were too far away geographically. My list of how if usc and national coaches rated our players is a just a guess from what i remember about each player's recruitment. The plus and minus signs just mean high 3 or 4 star or low 3 or 4 star.

JUNIOR/Senior or 4th and 5th year players

Scout/ usc rating/national coaches rating

C. Edoga 6-4 / 295 * 4 Star/was a 5 star 5 star 5/5

T. Lobendahn 6-3 / 290 *4 Star 4 4/4

J. Austin 6-5 / 290 *3 Star 3 3/3

J. Daniel 6-4 / 305 *4 Star 4 4 +/4+

C. Brown 6-5 / 310 *4 Star 4 4+/4+

SOPHOMORE/Junior or 3rd and 4th year players

C. Johnston 6-5 / 295 *4 Star 4 or 3(247 now says 4 star) 4-/3+

C. Smith 6-3 / 275 *3 Star 3 3+/3+

R. Hemsley6-5 / 315 *4 Star 3 4+/4

FRESHMAN/Soph or 2nd 3rd year players