ADVERTISEMENT

Football Who's going to redshirt?

Adam Maya

Alumni
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
USC has played four games, and Clay Helton acknowledged Wednesday the staff has made decisions on which players they plan to redshirt. Nothing is final until a player appears in a fifth game at any point of the season, or if the season ends before that occurs. Moreover, injuries and/or performance could always alter their plans.

For now, let's look at where the newcomers stand:

NOT REDSHIRTING
QB JT Daniels, WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, CB Olaijah Griffin, S Talanoa Hufanga, LB Kana'i Mauga have all played in ll four games and are not redshirting.

LB Palaie Gaoteote just appeared in his first game last week because of injury. He's not redshirting.

UNLIKELY TO REDSHIRT
WR Devon Williams and LB Raymond Scott have also played in all four games but have limited roles and are primarily used on special teams. A case can be made that they should be held out moving forward unless absolutely needed. CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart and juco transfer DE Caleb Tremblay have appeared in three games and are in the same boat.

LIKELY TO REDSHIRT
CBs Chase Williams has appeared in two games and C Justin Dedich and juco transfer OT Bernard Schirmer have appeared in one. Barring injuries, expect each of them to redshirt.

REDSHIRTING
RB Markese Stepp, OT Liam Douglass, DT Trevor Trout and LBs Abdul-Malik McLain, Eli'Jah Winston and Solomon Tuliaupupu have not played this season -- Tuliaupupu isn't even practicing -- and will redshirt.

There are also a few veterans who I could see redshirting, including WR Josh imatorbhebhe, WR Randal Grimes (1 game), LB Juliano Falaniko (1), LB Connor Murphy (1) and LB Wole Betiku, who I fully expect to do so because of injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News